Turbochargers: Turning Wasted Energy Into Power
In this program “Turbochargers: Turning Wasted Energy Into Power”, instructor Ron Bilyeu takes you from A to Z regarding turbochargers and their role in todays’ motor vehicles. Diagnosing turbocharging issues can be time consuming for the technician and expensive for the customer if the wrong diagnostic path is chosen. This program answers many of the questions that technicians encounter on a daily basis.
- Why they are used and their functions
- Internal parts and components
- Descriptions of all major types (gas and diesel) and their engine support systems
- Different variations of the types, including manufacturer specific.
- Different failure symptoms and the major causes of turbocharger failure.
Even the experienced technician that has been servicing turbochargers for years will gain valuable knowledge, including tips and tricks, about forced induction systems.